Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Little Canvas Art


I have been wanting to try this form some time and since I am smack dab in the middle of brightening up the ole living room I thought what a better time then now.

I went to my local HL and bought to canvas that were the closet to the size of the doormat I already own.

I picked the cheapest kind plus 30% off sale I got these for less then $10.



I used a semi-gloss paint in a gray that I already had as well.

Just rolled it on and it took no time at all.



Sorry I did not get a pick with the mat on the canvas.

I spray painted over with white, but the 1st time, yes the first time, I sprayed too heavy and it leaked out and made a mess. So I had to start over.

The second time I took my time and did two light coats and it worked out well .



1 comment:

  1. Wow I knew exactly what you used as soon as I saw it. I have 2 of those rubber mats, one like yours and a rectanglular one. I will have to steal this idea for myself!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete