Friday, July 30, 2010

Brighten It with Green.

We have been gearing up to put our house on the market.

With packing up most everything we own and the personal things, our house it mostly bare.

But also boring.

I have been trying to work on making it more inviting more homey.

Warm even. A place you want to visit and stay.

Even buy!

The majority of our furniture is neutral. And boring.

We have lots of black and some brown. Which makes it dark and dreary in our home.

We are nothing close to that. So I making some changes here and there and a change I want to incorporate is color. I have taken down most of the black decor and either painted it or packed it.

I took the mantle from being the mantle of a funeral palor to one at a beach house. Now, it's time for the rest of the living area. I am adding green. Lots of green.

I picked a shade of paint that I love and will be incorporating as much as I can.

Here is my first step in working with the furniture.

Before:




Here it is after the $6 pillow shams. That also happen to match the table cloth I also bought for $7 at Home Goods.


It's not a huge change but I am liking where it is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment