Monday, August 16, 2010

Another Bright Idea

The hubby and I have searched and searched for ways and ideas to make the entrance, i.e. the front walk, more inviting. We want to replace the door, but of course the ones we like are several hundred dollars, and I don't want to spend that kinda of money on a house we are going to sell.

Then we thought about paint. But this door is an older door and I am not sure how it would handle paint. And if I did paint it, it would probably take a week to dry and then my children would wonder off.

So I went with the next best thing.

Wreaths.

I don't just love them inside the house. I love them outside, too.

I have handmade all of our wreaths.

So I started with the simple vine wreath, which was on sale at HL and cost a whopping $2.23!


Then, after spending the day in the yard I headed to Michael's because they were having a floral sale.

These white flowers were $1.99 with an additional 40% off.

I can handle that. I also wanted to make this wreath simple and eye catching. I was driving by a neighbor's house that lives a few blocks over and she has a wreath similar on her door. It caught my eye and a broke my neck checking it out. Maybe it will do the same on our house.


I totally just inter twined the stems into the vines and tucked and pulled and tucked some more until I liked it!


I do.

I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment