Monday, May 10, 2010

Paper Wreath

Here is another new thing, taking the blogging world by storm.

The Book Page Wreath.

This photo was stolen from Lindsey over at Living with Lindsey.


I really liked her idea. And did not believe that I could do, but I have seen others take their chance at making one and they always say it cost them nothing, except for the glue gun purchase or the wreath.

I REALLY made mine for nothing.

As in ZERO dollars.

I grabbed this wreath out of my wreath bin in the garage, you know where I keep all my wreaths, color coded, because I am a little organized.

This wreath was orginally met to add some spice to the existing Easter wreath that I am already using. But it fell flat and I was sad.

So away the wreath went until another day. Maybe for anther calling.



And, that day came. So I stripped the colorful egg looking things off that was tied down with some twine. Really?

I think I paid $9.99 for this in March. I might have gotten screwed.

So this is what I am left with.


I protected the vines with wrapping paper sacks around the entire wreath.

Which is also kinda said, it took me forever to accumulate these paper bags, because no ones uses paper anymore. But they went to a good use and will enjoy their new home immensely.



Then starts the paper. I have seen some whole punch their paper or even use an entire page. I however wanted to jazz it up a bit. So I toar the pages in half and then in three's. Mashed  the paper around the end of a sponge brush, because that's all I had and hot glued my butt off.


Almost done.

Complete. In total it took about 3 hours, and about 6 glue sticks and a 75 page book.

I love how it turned out. I have not decided on if to add ribbon or not, I'll think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment