Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Nightstand Upgrade


If you are in the Houston area, you have probably heard of The Dump.

It is more of a discontinued, surplus store. The hubby and I went and bought all of our furniture there before we moved into our new home as newlyweds.

We saved a bundle and got some great deals are some good quality furniture. Though, I do love the things that we accumulated from there, they bore me.

Here is our natural oak night stand, that has a twin and a tall boy 5 drawer dresser that comes with it.





So I suggested that I maybe, jazz up the ole bedroom.

So I went to Lowes, and picked out my favorite red sample and came home with red velvet.

Though after three coats it's still looked like a dark pink to me.



So I slapped a little walnut stain on it, let it bake for 10 minutes or so.




Wiped it away and this is what I got.

I also just could not find hardware that I liked, so I spray painted the original hardware a brassy  brown color.

I am not sure if I LUV it, but I do like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment